[Editor's Note: Our Campaign Developer, Devin Tomb, kicks off a monthly series of creative and affordable fundraising ideas this September!]
TOP 5 BACK-TO-SCHOOL CAMPAIGN IDEAS
1. Host a table at your school’s activity fair. Recruit the eager freshmen who can’t wait to get involved—and what better organization to join than your She’s the First chapter? Talk to students about upcoming STF events and get them excited about joining your amazing team!
2. Organize a bake sale. Sweet treats are irresistible, sold at a table you set up (with permission) in the cafeteria or student center.
3. Donate portions of your school dance ticket sales to STF. Having a homecoming dance this year? Ask your student council to donate a portion of the ticket proceeds to She’s the First! It’s an easy way to make a lot of money—and have fun at the same time!
4. Raffle a “Dream Job Shadow Day.” Ask the faculty and student parents to raffle off a shadow day with local professionals in the area. (For example, a sophomore who wants to be a pediatrician one day could buy a $5 ticket to win a “shadow day” with a local doctor in the neighborhood.)
5. Collect school supplies and used books for your own back-to-school sale. Gather unused pencils, pens, stickers, notebooks (anything!) sitting around your room that another student could use at school—and ask your classmates to do the same. Use these supplies as the starting-off point for a “Back-to-School” sale.
Bonus points! Ask representatives from your school store if they would be willing to donate a percentage of their profits for the week to your She’s the First sale. Ask teachers to donate extra classroom school supplies to the sale, and solicit local businesses to donate items or put together prize baskets to raffle off.
Have more to add to the list? Write them in the comments! And if you use any of these ideas, be sure to write us, let us know if you need help connecting to an organization in our directory to set up the sponsorship, and of course send photos we can post to the blog!