On Monday, Levi’s — a timeless American fashion brand — will launch ShapeWhatsToCome.com in the United States, United Kingdom and Japan. It’s a global online community where Millennial women around the world can connect with peers and mentors to shape their futures! And guess what…
She’s the First is one of 10 in the entire world to serve as Ambassadors in the US/UK community! Ahh!
Tammy, the President of She’s the First, will be representing our mission as she serves as the Ambassador for Education in the Social Change category! She’ll be shooting video updates for the community about She’s the First and facilitating discussion board topics, as well as doing media interviews about how a massive study by Levi’s ties into our movement. Levi’s found that Millennial women today “prefer to engage with their peers and other women of all ages and in different parts of the world who have experiences in their areas of interest,” so that they can forge ahead in a fulfilling career path of their choosing. That’s exactly what we work to achieve through She’s the First!
We are so honored by our leadership position in this community! We believe it the voice of a generation and and on Monday, you can become a part of it! Here’s what to do:
1. Go to ShapeWhatsToCome.com and start a Profile. (It syncs up to Facebook)
2. Add a profile image — it’s not just your headshot, but a photo of your workspace! You can add hot buttons on the items that have significance, so when someone clicks on it, you can show them text, a link or a video.
3. Plot your goals as “In.Spirals” on the world map — you can see the dreams of other young women by location and message them to collaborate or bounce ideas around.
4. Add your comments and questions to the Discussion boards! (Education is where you can spread the word about She’s the First and learn more from others on how we can grow.)
5. Watch videocasts and download free music! Last week, when the site was in beta, Tammy hosted a videocast with Today Style Editor Bobbie Thomas, which will be published to the site and YouTube page, and then Bobbie interviewed her about She’s the First! On Monday, Zooey Deschanel and Matt Ward of She & Him do a videocast at 4pm. You can download a free song of theirs here to listen to while you work on your STF event planning, like I do!
Curious to hear what you think, and now that you know She’s the First will have such a powerful presence here, I invite you to proudly represent!