December 16, 2010
Girl Scouts of the USA Headquarters
420 Fifth Avenue
- screen a few short video clips profiling girls’ lives worldwide & advocating for education
- inspire discussion on how we can give back
- meet teen Girl Scouts with amazing global projects & discover how we can mentor each other
- reveal the Girl Scout Research Institute’s latest results
on teens and social media and get a sneak peak on the newest Girl Scout
leadership journey – It’s Your Story – Tell It!
- unveil She’s the First’s plans to travel to Guatemala in January
- socialize in the holiday spirit!
Please RSVP here if you plan to attend in person!
Snacks & beverages will be provided.
What’s a Tweetup?!
During this event, we will be Tweeting using the hash tag #CelebrateSTF, just as we did during our Summer Tweetup. Even if you are not in NYC, you can participate in the discussion by following #CelebrateSTF tweets. You can even tweet in your own questions and comments, which our event leaders will share with our attendees.
What’s the Goal?
This particular event is not a fundraiser. It’s a networking and educational opportunity intended to build camaraderie and fuel the creativity of young women (and men!) who want to change the world — by educating girls. We highlight social media and storytelling as a way to create social change.
Stay tuned to our blog for exclusive #CelebrateSTF posts in the next two weeks, which will unveil special guests at the Tweetup as well as more information on the Girl Scouts’ exciting new storytelling initiative!