Coming to the #CelebrateSTF Winter Tweetup? Please RSVP so we know who’s coming — it’s free! http://wintertweetup.eventbrite.com/
A “Tweetup” is a meetup of She’s the First enthusiasts on Facebook and Twitter offline…this time, we’re meeting at the Girl Scouts of the USA headquarters. We’ll watch some short video clips to inspire a discussion about how we can best support girls’ education through storytelling, travels, social media, and creative fundraising.
Reasons to squeeze this into your week of holiday parties:
- Meet senior Girl Scouts who have cool global projects, and maybe even become their mentors– though we expect we’ll learn just as much from them.
- Meet some of the team behind the 10×10 documentary that’s following 10 girls in 10 countries — a project of The Documentary Group, which was founded in honor of the legendary ABC broadcaster Peter Jennings.
- Meet leaders and core volunteers of the She’s the First team in person — to learn how you can get involved
- Purchase a She’s the First bracelet if you don’t already have one (last-minute Christmas gift!)
- Enjoy snacks from our friends at Pop Chips
- and more! (as always)
Not to mention, if you’re a former Girl Scout/Brownie, like a few members of our STF leadership team are, then this event is like coming full circle with your girlhood. Hope to see you there on Thursday!